17. September 2010 13:21
Microsoft has released the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools. The new setup automatically installs following:
- Phone flavored versions of Expression Blend,
- Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone and
- Silverlight for Windows Phone 7
- XNA Game Studio for Windows Phone 7
- Windows Phone Emulator
- Phone Registration Tool
This installation updates the already installed Expression Blend 4, if you already have it on your system. Which means you can use the same Blend4 for creating WPF, Silverlight and Windows Phone applications.
Uninstalling Previous Versions
If you have previous releases of the Phone Developer Tools you will need to uninstall them completely including the Blend 4 for Windows Phone, also you should uninstall the following prior to installing the final version of Developer Tools:
- Microsoft Windows Phone Developer Tools Beta
- Windows Phone 7 Add-in for Visual Studio 2010 Beta – ENU
- Microsoft Windows Phone Developer Resources
- Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0
- Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0 Windows Phone Extensions.
Once you have uninstalled the above components you are ready to run the new setup.
Initial Setup file (vm_web.exe) size is 3.21MB.
This setup will download the Final Windows Phone Developer tools (357 MB)
I am excited about the new developer tools. Have fun Developing new Windows Phone App :)
EDIT: Totally forgot to give the link to download Developer Tools :) . Click here to download them.